Monday, July 12, 2010

Does your Child think about their Birthmother??

Recently while snuggling with my daughter, Zoe... we had an interesting conversation.  We were watching one of my favorite programs... Joel Olsteen.  Joel was talking about how God created us to be great and have a purpose in life.  He also talked about how we "Came Threw" our mothers at birth.

Zoe heard this and said" is he talking about my birthmother"?  Startled and feeling a wave of emotion come over me I said, YES! She looked at me with her beautiful brown eyes and said... " I miss her".  I asked her what do you miss about her?  She said... "I just miss her"...  She then asked me if we were going to go to China someday and meet her... I said " We will go to China someday and we will look for her and we will try very hard to find her".

After putting my daughter to bed... I wept thinking of her loss.  Hoping God makes this encounter possible some day.

You see...our children think of their birth mother's and birth family... We need to allow an openness with our children so they feel it is okay to talk about it.  This is our children's journey not ours... Creating the openness will allow for healing and understanding.

Here is a great audio on starting these conversations;
http://www.journeytome.com/resources.cfm

No comments: